So that you can keep up with our progress, here's some important information.
Remove big hunk of backyard to reduce grass mowing.
Increase the growing space for fruits and veggies.
- Mark off area using strings and stakes.
- Move established plants.
- Dig up Spirea Vanhoutte (I'll miss you!).
- Remove grass in the new garden area.
- Cultivate entire area.
- Build raised beds from wood that will last more than a couple of years (bad gardener!).
- Place weed barrier on paths.
- Cover paths with pea gravel.
- Fill beds with garden soil/compost mix.
- Move rain barrel to new garden.
- Build 2-3 bin compost system for back of new garden area.
- Build short fence around new garden area.
- Build Arbor at entrance of new garden area.
- Create path from patio to new garden. Material undecided.
- Wait for Spring!
I do not have a timeline established for this project yet on the count of my real job is sucking the life outta me. But, it's on the way! Stay tuned!