grow, marvel, eat, laugh, persevere

Monday, May 19, 2008

Refurbishing Benches

This past weekend I happened on an estate sale where I scored these 2 old raggedy benches and the table (or is that a bigger, better bench) below. Just so happens I was looking for my next project!The extra 2x4's from my pergola project will be pefect for replacing the damanged boards making this was a great bargain at 8 bucks for all 3 pieces. These may look really horrible but only the top boards are bad and if you've ever built anything you know that the bottom part is the hardest part to build (repair) with all those mitered cuts. I've already cut the boards in the right lengths but didn't finish the job because I had all the wrong size screws. I'm thinking of leaving the old center boards for character.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to be but its going to be a table for my 2 new Adirondack chairs to be purchased in the near future. It's heavy and other than needing a good cleaning, there's nothing wrong with it.

My new patio space is filling up already. Stay tuned for the completion of this DIY project.

2 comments:

  1. If these were in my garden they would stay as they are.... great shabby look! :-)

    ReplyDelete