grow, marvel, eat, laugh, persevere

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Patio Project Day 1

MSG welcomes Thomas Landscaping!

If you've been following the patio story I'm pleased to finally get this sucker going. I decided NOT to do this work myself because I had a 10 x 16 area of concrete to remove and I could see this turning into a project that takes the entire summer, causing me to need to take sick days off work (back aches and random injuries) and possibly destroying my relationship from the mess of it all. Besides, I felt the price was very fair and since this Thomas is being contracted from HD, this means I can put the project on my HD credit card and I'll have a year to pay it off before they charge me interest. This is a great option for me and one that I've used successfully before.


Thomas, of Thomas Landscaping, was also at the Chicagoland Flower and Garden Show so I was able to meet him and see some of his work before he ever came out to give me the estimate. Very friendly guy, fair price and good communication (this is important to me). I was really surprised to learn that they will finish the project in 1-2 days, weather permitting. Did I mention that they are going to yank out the poodles in the front yard? I know that's going to scare me when I first see it because it'll look totally blank, but I just can't look at those things any longer.


Here's the (very messy) patio before picture. I can't wait to see the after.

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'm looking forward to the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi leslie - thanks for stopping by! I'm looking forward to the next few days, too. I can hardly stay focused at work because I'd rather be home watching all the action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be fun! I remember when I did mine,I was jumping out of my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you could do that with a HD card. I've got one of those. Maybe I can get a pergola this year. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so weird... I just stumbled upon your blog today and I was happy to see your posts about the patio (because we're thinking of doing a patio) and we actually just got a quote from Thomas (Landscaping) to do our patio ... we're not quite sure if we're ready to spend the money, and we're considering doing some of the work ourselves to cut down on costs.. . But you seem happy with his work... that's good to know. Awesome ! It looks great btw.

    ReplyDelete