grow, marvel, eat, laugh, persevere

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Pots and seeds

These 3 cute little plants caught my eye yesterday at Whole Foods and after debating where they should go, I decided to throw them in a pot together. Polka dot, Sweet Potato Vine and Sedge. It looks like hair to me and every time I walk by it I have to touch it.

I also bought a pack of Shasta Daisy seeds and threw them in the pots (they are behind the threesome.) I'm sure it's probably way too late to be planting seeds but these Shasta's say you can plant them in the ground 2 months before the first frost, so maybe they'll be okay. I'm very attracted to any "daisy-like" flower. I don't know the term for them but I'm referring to any plant with the center surrounded by small colored petals (echinacea, black-eyed susan, sunflower and any and every daisy.) I'm sure a garden full of these would be beautiful but I'm not into theme gardens...
While strolling through the grocery store garden center I smelled what I thought was a very large citronella candle. It turned out to be a shelf full of Citronella Scented Geraniums. I had to have it. It smells so fresh and clean! I thought it might deter bugs if I placed it on the patio but unfortunately the sweat bees were all over it before I could even get it completely re-potted. I had planned to put it right in the middle of the patio table but I may need to rethink that.


No comments:

Post a Comment