grow, marvel, eat, laugh, persevere

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Re-entry




I was sweating, on the verge of a panic attack when I pulled up. My car AC on full blast I wondered if I was making a big mistake. And then I saw those vibrant red geraniums in the window box.  I later learned they'd just been planted earlier that morning, such a kind gesture. I'm not saying those red geraniums rid me of the scary feelings but they sure did make that final walk-through, easier.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Oh hey, internets! I am sorry for making those pimento cheese sandwiches and then going away for over two years. If I'm being honest, I'm here, but I'm scared because my inner quitter, she's a force to be reckoned with.  I haven't written anything since I published that pimento cheese blog post in April of 2014 and I haven't written anything of substance for years before that. Nobody said anything but I know you all noticed my lame writing, just enough to mentally check off that I-still-have-a-blog box.

Lots of things have happened over the past two years. I want to tell you about it, but you guys have to be patient with me. It's a lot of very hard and painful stuff and I'm still in the thick of it. But besides that I've got some exciting new projects on the horizon and the other day a feeling came over me and I was all what's this? Inspiration to...write?

So here I am. I make no promises about frequency of blog posts or even that I'll ever write another after this. But, gotta start somewhere!  So here's one, and I'm hoping this inspiration will stick around. Writing on this little blog was therapeutic and very rewarding to me for a good long while and I could use some of that right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment