grow, marvel, eat, laugh, persevere

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Muse Day: The Waiting Game

Gardening is a kind of disease. It infects you, you cannot escape it.When you go visiting, your eyes rove about the garden; you interrupt the serious cocktail drinking because of an irresistible impulse to get up and pull a weed.- Lewis Gannit

The Waiting Game
Oh Gardening Bloggers, why must thou make me wait
You are philosophers, you are artists, you are poets
You reel me in with your beautiful flowers and thought provoking flower philosophies
And then you disappear for days
I am dying to know how your garden grows
You have drawn me to your place and now I hold you responsible for the wasted hours I spend
checking for updates that never seem to come on time
We have built a relationship but now I feel neglected

Have you ever stumbled on a blog that you just love only to find the blogger doesn't provide updates as often as you'd like? This happens to me all the time now. Since I'm presently obsessed with gardens and gardening blogs, I find myself checking the same set of blogs at least daily. It is so ridiculous but I find myself getting irritated and worried about these gardening strangers when they don't update their blogs for an extended period. Then I go through this range of ridiculous emotions that reminds me of a rocky relationship. "Where are they?" "Did something die?" "I miss them." "How inconsiderate! "I'm being unreasonable..."

Can anybody recommend a good therapist?

Remember to visit and participate in Garden Bloggers Muse Day founded by Carolyn Gail at Sweet Home and Garden Chicago

7 comments:

  1. This kills me, I feel exactly the same way. How dare they have lives, I'm waiting for a post! I don't think many people are reading my blog yet, but I hate/love the idea that someone out there is eagerly awaiting my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need a therapist you need to get out into the garden and away from your blog for a few more hours !

    That was a nice post and thanks for joining our poetry circle once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to use a blog reader like Google Reader, then you can go to one place and see who's updated, and not spend time check/rechecking blogs for updates! It will change your life, give you back your life!

    (There are other blog reading sites, Google Reader is just the one that I use... easy to set up and maintain.)

    Carol at May Dreams Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yeah! I have several blogs I check every day. When there isn't a post I figure "Oh, they're out working in the garden, like I should be instead of blogging," but if there's a really long hiatus then I worry. It's a human thing, I guess. If you "meet" someone on their blog you care about them, and fret if you don't hear from them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. heather - thank goodness you are updating your blog while on vacation or you'd be on "the list" ;)

    carolyn - have you been looking at my weeds?? I'LL GET TO IT!

    carol - thanks for the tip, i'll check out google reader

    marion - i'm glad im not the only one! thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  6. And do you ever go a few days without updating your blog, all the while worrying that there is someone out there who is getting annoyed with you? Oh, the pressure.... (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so guilty of not updating my blog enough, but to be honest, I just can't find the time anymore. Sometimes after coming home from work, the last thing i want to do is sit at the computer all over again!

    ReplyDelete