grow, marvel, eat, laugh, persevere

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Troy-Bilt's Saturday6 - Count Me In!


If you've read my blog for very long you know I'm a big fan of Troy-Bilt products.  They're easy to assemble and operate and I always get the sense that Troy-Bilt is really thinking of me, the home gardener, when they build them.  Admittedly, I'm probably biased because a big part of their marketing and outreach is to regular ole garden bloggers like me. I don't write professionally so I have no connections with big fancy magazines or huge groups of important people sitting around waiting to hear what I have to say.  I'm just a gardener.  But, over the years Troy-Bilt has sponsored garden blogger meet ups, sent their products for us to review and given us the opportunity to host product giveaways, something that helps grow our blogs and gives our readers the chance to own one of these great pieces of equipment.  That has always meant a lot to me and yes, it has fostered a sense of personal loyalty to Troy-Bilt products.

This year Troy-Bilt is taking their garden blogger outreach to a new level.  They've selected six bloggers to work with through the summer with the goal of providing you with regular gardening information. We'll be passing on our favorite gardening tips via blog posts, videos *gasp* and articles in Troy-Bilt's newsletter, The Dirt.  My favorite part of this partnership is that we'll have the opportunity to visit the Troy-Bilt facility in Cleveland Ohio to learn more about the history of the company.  They've been around a long time and I'm excited to find out how they got started, what those early years were like and how they decide what product to develop next.  More zero emissions equipment, please!  And you might see one of us at your local Lowe's this summer providing gardening tips while the Troy-Bilt folks are there teaching customers about their products.  In summary, fun will be had by all!

Be sure the check out the other six bloggers who will be participating.  I thought I knew most everybody in this community so I was excitedly surprised to see four of the six bloggers are new to me. I've already started getting to know a couple of the others and they seem like really cool people.  Check out all their blogs, sign up for the Troy-Bilt newsletter if you haven't already and stay tuned here for news about product giveaways over the next couple of months.

1 comment:

  1. I am really looking forward to our visit to Ohio, too, Gina. Funny thing is, I grew up about a half-hour from where we will be and will actually be spending a few extra days visiting the family after our get-together.

    Ohio is where I learned to garden at the knee of my grandmother and my father, so it is a bit of an "old home" visit for me!

    I look forward to meeting you in person!

    ReplyDelete