grow, marvel, eat, laugh, persevere

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Garden Olympics

Idaho Gardener has come up with a fantastic way for us garden blogger's to get in on the Olympic festivities.  Our very own Garden Olympics.  The best thing is that I can pick my own categories! 

This is the best idea I've heard in a long time.  Thank you Idaho Gardener for finally coming up with a way to get me interested in the Summer Olympics! 

2008_0817image0052 

Biggest, Most Beautiful Broccoli To Never Bear Fruit: Romanesco

2008_0812image0003

Most Flawless Organic Heirloom Tomato: Brandywine

2008_0812image0085

Most Petals On A Single Zinnia: Green Envy

Be sure to stop over at Idaho Gardener to see all the other entries for the first (annual? I hope) ever Garden Olympics. 

2 comments:

  1. That tomato is almost too perfect to eat! I know what an achievement that is, as I've helped my mom grow tomatoes for years. So many were cracked or had ugly spots. That 'Green Envy' Zinnia is really growing on me (no pun intended). I will definitely be looking for seeds of that next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your medal! I'm going to echo just what MMD said--your tomato is indeed perfect. Rarely do I have one fully ripened that doesn't have some kind of blemish on it. And the green zinnia is certainly eye-catching. That's one color of zinnia I don't have.

    ReplyDelete