grow, marvel, eat, laugh, persevere

Saturday, June 9, 2007

The hedge roses are growing!

The pink Simplicity Hedge Roses are getting leafs! I'm pretty excited! This is the best looking one out of 26 and at least 1 of them looks pretty hopeless. It has no new growth whatsoever. I'm still hoping it will come to life over the next few days. As you can see by the ground beneath the rose, I need mulch - really bad. Gardening is expensive. I mean compared to some things it's not, but it's hard to rationalize ordering a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff that's gonna stay outside. I've been working hard on digging up grass. It's really what I should be doing right now. It's nice outside, the sun is not shining on the area in question, and I'm pretty bored. On the weekends I garden for a couple of hours in the morning. At some point I start feeling like I'm so covered with dirt and bugs that I can't stand it anymore. Then I throw down the shovel and haul ass into the shower. I hate feeling dirty which makes the fact that I've suddenly become obsessed with gardening even more hilarious. Right now I'm thinking "I should really dig up some more grass or get rid of the piles of grass I dug up earlier but I don't want to get all dirty again."

Springhillnursery finally sent me an email that they shipped my 2 Clematis. I'm already disappointed with them because I feel like I ordered these things soooooo long ago. The 4 trellises I bought are still leaning against the back of the garage. My goal for the weekend was to remove all grass from the new beds and hang the trellises. I don't see how it's gonna happen unless some actual garden fairies show up in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment