grow, marvel, eat, laugh, persevere

Monday, May 28, 2007

How I spent my Memorial Day weekend

I can't believe it's already time to go back to work.

Here's what I accomplished this weekend.

This is where the Pink Hedge Roses will go but as you can see it's very overgrown.

Here's what it looks like after removing most of the weeds. Of course they are already growing back, so I'll be working hard to keep the area clear until the roses arrive on June 6th.
This AC unit was just installed last summer but it looks like years of weeds to me. Having this stuff so close to the house causes all sorts of problems. These Day Lilies had grown UNDER the house! Sooooo, they had to go.
What should I do in this space now?

This is the first tree I've ever purchased. It's a Belle of Georgia Semi-Dwarf Peach. Notice how overgrown the fence is.
Wa la!
The Day Lilies have taken over the back of the garage too. Since this is what I see from my kitchen window, I really want to make this a focal point. Any ideas? This thing is really ugly!


Bye Bye Day Lilies!

These things can really be pretty but they were simply out of control.

Here is the huge pile that I dug up JUST from the back of the garage. I'm thinking of putting them on the curb with a big sign "FREE DAY LILIES!"I have a whole new respect for farmers. I don't see how they do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment